This is ideal for those more experienced divers and spearfishers.
You will be taken out on boat to a location where you will have opportunity to dive to wrecks that can be located upto 10 meters below sea water. Getting a close up view of some vessels that sadly never reached there destinations, discovering the history behind the wreck itself. Wrecks wooden parts decay leaving steel a great foundation for life to flourish. A shipwreck becomes an artificial reef ideal for explorers.
Core elements of course :
- Introduction to safety awareness & theory on wreck diving
- What you may see - Recognition of species- Legal sizes
- History of wreck
- Observing your surroundings- safety buddy system
- Breath hold techniques
- Dive Technique Training
- Handling your speargun safely, loading unloading
- Opportunity to observe and collect crustaceans such as crabs. lobsters, molluscs and seaweed
How the day will look :
- 9:30 am Welcome with warm tea and introduction on boat
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Boat Trip- Drive out to wreck location whilst covering safety & wreck history
- 12:00 p.m - 12:30 pm LUNCH - not provided /Fruit & Energy bar provided as part of your course !!
- 12:30 p.m - 14:30 pm IN THE WATER-Wreck Diving
- 14:30 p.m - 16:30 pm BACK ON BOAT - Hot cuppa tea - sharing what you witnessed on wreck
You will only require to bring a towel, swimming attire and snacks.
What we will provide:
- Wet suit
- Diving Fins
- Weights/Mask and snorkel
- Safety Buoy
You are welcome to bring your own equipment, if not there is a £50 hire charge needed for all above for each diver.
Please also note wrecks can be potentially dangerous due to their location and debris, NEVER dive on a wreck on your own.
The Advanced Wreck Freediver/Spearfisher Experience ( 1 day Boat Trip)
- Product Code: Spearfishing Courses
- Availability: In Stock