ideal for beginners looking to get a taste of the sport
This is an Half day Introduction course to Spearfishing and Freediving in the beautiful waters found around the North Wales coastline.
The course is aimed at beginners with predominant focus on safety and awareness . Spearfishing is an exhilarating experience offering those partaking a view of the oceans you do not see from the shore. This sustainable method of fishing/foraging in our UK waters ensures that the catch is not only species specific but its legal size before catching, causing no unnecessary harm or stress.
You will leave the day with a better understanding of spearfishing with a real desire to do it more see our other Spearfishing courses.
Core elements of course :
- Introduction to safety awareness & theory
- What you may see - Recognition of species- Legal sizes
- Breath hold techniques
- Handling your speargun safely, loading unloading
- Opportunity to observe and collect crustaceans such as crabs. lobsters, molluscs and seaweed
How the day will look :
- 9:30 am Welcome with warm tea and introduction.
- 10:00 am - 11:00 pm Safety, theory, your equipment and setup.
- 11:30 p.m - 13:30 pm Time in the water
You will only be required to bring a towel, swimming attire and snacks.
What we can provide:
- Diving Fins
- Weights/Mask and snorkel
- Safety Buoy
Come on dive in you wont know if you like it until you have tried !!
Discover Spearfishing & Freediving ( Half Day Experience)
- Product Code: Spearfishing Courses
- Availability: In Stock